Remote Customer Support Manager (Flexible schedule or USA/Asia-Pacific based)
Marvel is a fast growing mobile and web prototyping platform based in London, UK. (www.marvelapp.com)
Our mission is to build the de-facto standard for prototyping and truly lower the barrier to bringing your ideas to life. Marvel is used in schools, startups, right the way to Fortune 500 companies.
We've grown to 2m users with 1000 joining each day - and we need your help!
Now we're looking to scale our support to match the demand and keep our users happy. More and more Marvel users are working in different timezones so now we're looking to make sure we have them covered if there are ever questions or issues.
As a member of the remote support team, you'll act as the voice of Marvel, for many users you will be the first person they ever speak to at the company so we want to leave them with a lasting impression.
Customer happiness is just as important as the product itself, amazing user experiences can come from both using Marvel and speaking to the support team.
You will be a sponge - collecting insights, problems, solutions and then feeding back to the team so we can improve the product.
If you’re a strong writer, a fast researcher, constantly curious, and can’t stand users having anything less than a stellar experience, we want to hear from you!
- Gather the required information necessary in order to best handle customer support inquiries
- Identify trends and issues with our service and alerting the term when serious patterns emerge
- Contribute to our knowledge base documentation
- Solve technical problems for customers on a daily basis. Customer happiness managers need to be fast learners and come up to speed quickly with everything to do with our product.
- Influence the direction of Marvel, the product. You will be talking with lots of our customers on a daily basis so you will have oodles of insight to feedback to the team. A crucial part of the role is ensuring we make the product as easy to use, reliable, bug-free, and fast as possible.
Challenge accepted? Let's talk!
- 1+ year(s) work experience in technical support and/or customer service for an online service.
- You have a flexible schedule or you are in a timezone where you can comfortably work an 8 hour shift to cover one of two shift options over UK nighttime:
- 18:00 - 02:00 (GMT/ GMT+1 timezone)
- E.g. this would be 07:00am - 15:00pm in Hawaii
- 02:00 - 10:00 (GMT/ GMT+1 timezone)
- E.g. this would be 15:00pm - 11:00pm in Hawaii
- 18:00 - 02:00 (GMT/ GMT+1 timezone)
- Ability to empathise with customers and convey confidence, use humour in the right place at the right time and always be passionate, happy, polite, helpful and patient.
- Well–versed in the subtleties of chat/email etiquette and an attention to detail in written communication with customers.
- You have fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to understand how and why things work they way they do. You love solving complex problems, committing them to memory and educating others.
- You’re a master at multitasking – you will be handling 3-4 online chats, open tickets and problems at once.
- Ability to quickly learn and articulate technical concepts, understand the platform like the back of your hand.
- Experience with help desk software like Helpscout, Zendesk (which we use) or Desk.
- Experience with Intercom or Hubspot
- Grace under fire. When multiple things go wrong at the same time, your cucumber coolness is an inspiration to others.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS code for troubleshooting
- Experience in customer/community support in another startup/SaaS business
- Experience with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, image formats, iOS and Android (and Marvel!) and web/mobile design
- Competitive salary