At Marvel, we are on a mission to create an all-in-one design platform that democratises the design process, making it more productive, inclusive and fun. From aspiring creators to professional designers, nearly 2 million people across the globe are using Marvel to bring their ideas to life. Over 100,000 organisations access the platform regularly, including employees at over 75% of the Fortune 100.
As Marvel has grown, so have the needs of our users and systems. We now serve millions of designs and prototypes which need to be accessible 24/7. On top of that our internal tools, technology, processes and more, all need to scale fast.
We're looking for a DevOps person to help us build a platform and infrastructure to power the data and product pieces that scale to meet the needs of millions of our users.
Data plays a huge part on how we grow and identify new product and business opportunities. If you can help tie data pieces from disparate sources, script solutions and integrate APIs to give our Data Analysts the parts they need to succeed, then you'll be perfect for our business.
If you want to play a critical role at a fun, friendly, ambitious startup and help us turn into the platform that impacts millions then we'd love to hear from you!
Our investors include Index (investors in Slack, Dropbox), Connect (Typeform, Citymapper) and ustwo (makers of Monument Valley).
- Developing and maintaining our production systems, to empower our development teams to ship code seamlessly
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable Marvel to consume and understand data faster
- Help drive optimisation, testing and tooling to improve data quality
The following skills are all desirable, but experience with every single one is not a hard requirement:
- Ability to code and script - strong knowledge of Python with Django a plus
- Strong grasp of automation tools such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes & Vagrant
- Familiarity with MYSQL, Datawarehouse systems and ETL processes
- Knowledge of Nginx, Varnish, Express, ElasticSearch
- Experience with cloud based services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in scaling applications
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Health insurance
- 50% off Virgin Active
- 1 free cinema ticket each week
- 30 days holiday
- Team holiday every year