At Marvel we are on a mission to create an all-in-one design platform that democratises the design process, making it more productive, inclusive and fun. From aspiring creators to professional designers, 1.5 million people across the globe are using Marvel to bring their ideas to life. Over 100,000 organisations access the platform regularly, including employees at over 75% of the Fortune 100.
We're looking for an amazing DevOps person to help us build a platform and infrastructure to power the data and product pieces that scale to meet the needs of millions of our users.
At Marvel data plays a huge part on how we grow and identify new product and business opportunities. If you can help tie data pieces from disparate sources, script solutions and integrate APIs to give our Data Analysts the parts they need to succeed, then you'll be perfect for our business.
If you want to play a critical role at a fun, friendly, ambitious startup and help us turn into the platform that impacts millions then we'd love to hear from you!
Our investors include Index (investors in Slack, Dropbox), Connect (Typeform, Citymapper) and ustwo (makers of Monument Valley).
- Help drive optimisation, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable Marvel to consume and understand data faster
- Empower our development teams to ship code seamlessly
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script - strong knowledge of Python with Django a plus
- Strong grasp of automation tools such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes & Vagrant
- Familiarity with MYSQL, Datawarehouse systems and ETL processes
- Experience working with varied and disparate sources of data
- Knowledge of Nginx, Varnish, Express, ElasticSearch
- Experience with version control systems (git) and cloud based services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Self-motivated and capable of solving business critical problems on the fly
- Accountable and focused on business outcomes
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience in scaling applications
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Health insurance
- 50% off Virgin Active
- 1 free cinema ticket each week
- 30 days holiday
- Team holiday every year